Welcome to Winchmore Hill SC Golf Society
During the spring and summer evenings of 1950, a number of members keen on the game were seen knocking a golf ball round the Ground, and the idea of laying out a nine hole pitch and putt Course was considered. However, there were difficulties - not the least being that the traditional cover drive with a seven iron could spell danger for motorists and nearby residents - so it was decided to invite those interested to assemble at Whitewebbs Golf Course in North Enfield for regular evening games.
The following year, 1951, the Society officially came into being. Its objects to provide adequate but perhaps more relaxed exercise for those not necessarily wishing to continue playing cricket, and to retain the good fellowship so far enjoyed without losing their affinity to, and first love, the Cricket Club. Their constitution as a self-managing body is somewhat different in that they have a President instead of a Chairman.
In 1957, an even more local venue became available, and the long and friendly association with the Bush Hill Park Golf Club began, to the mutual benefit of both.
President - Mark Pritchett
Captain - Vince Fraulo
Vice Captain - Paul Vicary
Treasurer - Peter Burd
Secretary - Tony Holding
Handicap Secretary - Tony Holding
For more information about the WHSC Golf Society